Thursday, November 11, 2010

We Have a Court Date!!!

Okay, so last week I had been working on a long post updating everyone on everything the past few weeks but got sidetracked. Then my sister had a baby (a boy!) on Sunday but developed life-threatening complications on Tuesday. Thankfully, she seems to be doing better, but please keep her in your prayers!!

So I still haven't gotten around to finishing up that post. But...we got the call today with our court date!!!!!! I don't want to give too many details here on the web, but soon we'll go to court and God willing Ivan and Yana will legally be ours :-) We'll have to return shortly for the third trip to pick them up. I *think* we will have our Christmas miracle yet!

There are so many details to work out! Those of you who have adopted know what I'm talking about. Plus this comes during the busiest time of the year-Christmas, but also the best time of the year. :-) It's not too early to put up my tree, right? I need to start crossing things off of this massive to-do list.

God also showed off in a big way by arranging it so that our friends from church (adopting two children from the same orphanage) have a court date at the same time. This is a huge blessing! Not only will we have friends to travel with, but then just I will go back to Russia to bring the children home with one of the other parents. It saves us money and will be so much easier on our children at home if at least my husband is still here with them. We are so thankful that this detail has worked out this way!

Again, I'll still try to update more later. Thanks so much to EVERYONE for helping us get to this point. A month ago this really seemed impossible! Please pray that all of the details work out wonderfully. Also, the finances are still an issue so please pray for this aspect (for our family and our friends).

Blessings,

2 comments: